Wednesday, February 19, 2014

BLOG#9 : The most popular Thai food

“GAI PAD MED MAMUANG HIMAPAN” or “CASHEW CHICKEN”


Good Morning wonderful Sunday! A last day of weekend and I’m free, so let’s find something fun to do. Do you love cooking? I love cooking and I always kill time in the kitchen all day free. It makes me relax and happy. I can do several kinds of foods, but I’m experienced in Thai foods.



For special day (just for me…lol), I’m going to show you how to cook my favorite dish and also for my family. I present you “GAI PAD MED MAMUANG HIMAPAN” or “CASHEW CHICKEN” that is very popular overseas. ‘Gai’ means chicken. ‘Pad’ means stir fry and ‘Med Mamuang Himapan’ just means cashew nuts. It is also another Thai recipe that is fairly easy to do, has a delicious delicate taste for most foreigners, and last but not least it is easy to find the raw materials and various ingredients no matter what country you live in. Besides, ‘Kaeng Kieow Waan’ (green curry), ‘Tom Yum Gung’, ‘Pad Thai’, or ‘Som Tum’, that most people already know about. So let’s try to make the “GAI PAD MED MAMUANG HIMAPAN”. This will be sure to be a recipe that will stick in your guests’ mind once again.


Ingredients

  • 500 grams chicken breast or thigh
  • ¾  cup cashew nuts (can add more, depends on your preference)
  • 1 medium-sized onion
  • 3 green onions
  • 3 medium-sized cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
  • 5-10 small fried dry chili, cut into pieces
  • 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Golden Mountain sauce or Maggi
  • 1 Tbsp fish sauce
  • 1½ Tbsp white sugar
  • 1 tbsp Thai chili paste
  • A little bit of vegetable oil for frying



*******************

Thank you very much!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment